This article contains admission requirements for mass communication in UNILAG for both JAMB and Direct Entry candidates, if you are a mass communication aspirants in University of Lagos this article is for you.
Before you gain admission into the department of mass communication in any Nigeria university you need to know their basic JAMB subject combination for mass communication.
However, I am going to show you the major admission requirements for mass communication in UNILAG, including the JAMB cut off mark and o’level requirements.
I will advice you to read this article line by line to avoid missing any information. Kindly go through the table of contents below before we continue.
Admission requirements for mass communication in UNILAG
Candidates wishing to be admitted into the department of mass communication through the University Tertiary Matriculation (UTME) must possess at least,
five credit level passes in the senior school certificate examination (SSCE), General certificate examination, or their equivalents in not more than two sittings.
The credit passes must include the English language mathematics and literature in English.
Direct Entry requirements
Direct Entry candidates must have obtained the ordinary national diploma (OND) in mass communication or national certificate in education (NCE) or their equivalents from recognized institutions at not less than lower credit level.
In any of the cases, the direct entry candidates must meet o’level entry requirements.
O’level Subjects combination for mass communication in UNILAG
Below are the subjects that you need to register in SSCE if you want to study mass communication in University of Lagos.
- English language
- Igbo/Yoruba or Hausa
JAMB Subject combination for mass communication in UNILAG
For you to be qualified to register for JAMB you need to have at least Five(5) credits in your O’level result.
Below are the UTME subjects for mass communication.
- English language
- Literature in English
Cut off mark for mass communication in UNILAG is 200
Recommended: JAMB Cut Off Mark 2021 For Admission In All Schools
Objectives of Mass Communication in UNILAG
The specific objective of the B.Sc. programme in mass communication of the department are:
- To produce men and women properly trained in mass communication that can fit in properly into any area of mass communication, like newspaper, radio, magazine, television, advertising, public relations and film.
- To offer comprehensive knowledge for socialization in the various areas of mass communication.
- To produce graduates who through competent training in the department are able to be self employed by starting their own newspaper, magazine, creative boutiques, Nx public relations outfits.
- To produce ethical communication practitioners who will properly facilitate the change which communication is expected to champion in the society.
- To act as a spring board for training those who are desirous of doing higher degrees in any area of mass communication, at the PGD, M.Sc. or Ph.D. level.
Academic and practical training
These are the details of the course structure of the B.Sc programme in mass communication of UNILAG
- Writing courses
- Theory courses
- Basic foundation courses
- Print courses
- Broadcast and film courses
- Public relations advertising courses
- Research courses
- Management courses
- Practical/seminar courses
- General(cross-media) courses
Communication is the core of the human society, it is the wheel on which the society revolves. It is the mirror which reflects the society.
As a result of the centrality of communication in the society, it is important that those who will be communicators of the future must be properly trained to discharge their duties to the society effectively and responsibly.
The B.Sc. programme of the department of mass communication in University of lagos is put in place to equip the present and future communicators with requisite theories and practice using lectures, practical, tutorials, and research.
In fact the department produces all rounded graduates who are fit in the ICT driven media and society of today.
Mission of department of mass communication in UNILAG
To produce excellent and responsible communicators through teaching learning, research and exposure to communication theories, principles and practice for service to the society.
Recommended: JAMB Subject Combination For Psychology