Many international students are seriously looking for cheapest universities in United Kingdom, as we all know that almost all the schools in United kingdom are very expensive but their are still many low tuition universities there. In this article am going to show you the complete list of cheap universities in UK for international students.
The tuition fees per year ranges from £7,000 to £10,000 unlike Canada where you can find Cheap Universities Under $2,000.
United kingdom is one of the most rated country in the world when we talk of education, and their are a lot of benefits and reasons why you should consider studying in UK but before that let quickly take a look at cheapest universities in United Kingdom.
Cheap Universities In UK For International Students
|University||Undergraduate tuition fees||Postgraduate tuition fees|
|The University of West London||£9,350||£9,950|
|Southampton Solent University||£9,785||£10,300|
|Leeds Trinity University||£9,300||£8,500|
|Leeds Metropolitan University||£9,500||£10,100|
|Canterbury Christ Church University||£9,710||£10,510|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||£9,700||£10,000|
|University of Bedfordshire||£9,600||£9,600|
|Queen Margaret University||£10,170||£10,170|
|Edinburg Napier University||£10,080||£10,760|
|Robert Gordon University||£9,900||£10,000|
|Royal Agriculture University||£9000|
Is it worth to study in United kingdom?
Yes! Because it is a very popular place for higher studies for international students not only that it is also the home of the top 10 universities in the world, according to the world university ranking.
Degree that you obtain from United kingdom will be recognized all over the world by all universities, government bodies and employers.
let me also show you why UK is far better than other countries, it is because the cost of living and health-care costs are low when you compare it to other countries. Infact it is easy to get UK visa than other countries.
- Read: Cheapest Universities In Canada Under 2000 Dollars For International Students
- List of Cheapest Universities In Georgia For International Students 2020
Cost of living in United Kingdom for Students
Cost of living which consist of; accommodation, buying of books, feeding, transportation. In fact you will be spending not less than £1000 to £1200 per month.
Let me quickly break it down for you to understand.
Food: you will need to budget at least £25 to £30 per week to buy food stuffs.
This depend on the network provider and the plan you are on, but if you usually make a lot of calls then a contract will start £5 per week, but prepaid is generally cheaper.
All this bill depend in the time of the year, if you live in an apartment you will need to calculate water, electricity, heating into your bills, this will cost not less than £10 per week.
A students in London will pay at least £182 per week or £640 per month, however, in 2017 every students rent came to £125 per week or £535 per month.
Visa requirements for study in UK
Immediately you received an unconditional offer, the next thing to do is to apply for visa. The requirements for visa depend the country, so you need to contact the consular of your country to find out country specific visa requirements. But below are some of the basic requirements:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation.
- A confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your course provider.
- Proof of adequate English language skills, demonstrated by passing one of the secure English language tests (SELT). You will not need to provide this if you are from an English-speaking country such as the United States or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in an English-speaking country.
- Your tuberculosis test result.
- Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you are under 18.
- Proof you have financial support throughout your stay in the UK (worth 10 points), Proof of financial support can take the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor, showing you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation and living costs. You must prove that you have £1,015 (~US$1,230) per month for living costs if studying in the UK outside of London, and £1,265 (~US$1,540) a month for living costs if studying in London.
To study in the United kingdom at the undergraduate level, applicant will have to present a good O’level or A ‘level result for admission. Remember, UK universities have country specific admission requirements, so you need to contact the university and get the right requirements.
For students whose results is not good enough to fetch them admission into degree programs, foundation year is a good option. For master programs, a good undergraduate degree is usually required and for PhD, a good Masters result. Please contact your university for a program specific requirement.
How to apply for admission into any UK university
All United Kingdom universities accept online application. If you are applying for an undergraduate or foundation program you must apply through UKEAS.
They will help you apply for admission into any program of your choice. For masters and PhD programs, you can apply yourself by contacting the university offering your program and submitting an online application. Once your application is approved, a conditional/unconditional offer will be sent to you so you can start the visa processing.
What are the new rules for student visa in UK?
A student will require a total of 70points to be granted a visa. They can achieve the required points if they can show that they have an offer from an accepted educational institution, and can speak English and able to support themselve during their studies in United Kingdom.