Ebonyi state University review, year of establishment, admission requirements and all you need to know about Ebonyi state university (EBSU), if you are a student/aspirants of the institution kindly calm down as you read.
Ebonyi state was created on 1st October, 1996. The people of the geographical location became hunger for higher institution of learning.
Immediately the political decision was taken, the details of the implementation were shifted to the authorities of the College of Agricultural Science (CAS), an Abakaliki Campus of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
The then CAS administator, Dr. Fidelis Ogah instituted a three men committee for the establishment of Ebonyi state university, the committee through its Secretary, Mr Sam Nte Egwu, toured different higher institutions in Nigeria, sourced academic of Ebonyi state origin and co-opted them into their membership fold.
The committee met throughout 1998. Luckily, four faculties which include: Education, Managemant science, Social Sciences, Natural/Applied Sciences, Arts and Humanities. were recommended in addition to the existing Faculty of Agriculture.
In 1999 department of mass communication was located in faculty of Arts and Humanities. In 2000 academic session began in Ebonyi state university.
In 2006 faculty of management and social sciences was demerged and department of mass communication was moved to social sciences that same year in line with the National University Commission’s directive.
However, the undergraduate programme, post graduate programmes of the PGD, MSc. and Doctorate have been added too.
In 2020 faculty of Engineering was established and immediately began academic activities in 2021 after offering about 20 students admission.
Ebonyi state university is popularly known as EBSU it’s one of the best higher institution in Nigeria.
Official EBSU Portal: https://www.ebsu.edu.ng/
Ebonyi state university Ranking in 2021 according to UniRANK
- Country Rank: 45
- World Rank: 9007
EBSU has about 6 campuses which include;
- Ishieke, Education
- Permanent site
- Uburu Teaching Hospital
- Ugwu achra
List of GST main Courses in EBSU
- GST 101: Use of English 1
- GST 102: Philosophy and Logic
- GST 103: Nigeria Peoples and Culture
- GST 104: History and Philosophy of Science
- GST 106: Social Science
- GST 107: Use of English 11
- GST 222: Peace and conflict resolution studies.
Also, Read: EBSU Cut Off Mark For All Departments
National Universities commission approved minimum academic standards
- General studies (GST) courses are compulsory for all students of EBSU.
- JAMB/Pre-degree entrants: Every undergraduate admitted into the university through JAMB, Pre-degree school or their equivalent for a four year degree programme is required to take and pass a total of ten (10) credit unites courses in GST to qualify for graduation.
- Direct entry students: All direct entry students admitted to do a three year degree programme must take and pass a minimum of eight (8) credit load courses to qualify for graduation.
- Two years degree students: Normally in faculty of education will take and pass: GST 101, 107 and 103 to qualify for graduation.
Note: EBSU GST Exam is CBT
Also, Read: How Much Is EBSU School Fees?
GST courses Registration in EBSU
Registration for GST courses takes place at the beginning of each semester and every student are usually advised to register early befor EBSU portal closed.
Faculty of health science and technology
- Medical lab. Technology
- Nursing Science.
Faculty of Law
- International law and jurisprudence
- Commercial and industrial law
- Private and Public law.
Faculty of applied and natural sciences
- Industrial Chemistry
- Geology and Exploration Geophysics
- Computer Science
- Mathematics/Statistics/ Industrial Physics.
EBSU Admission Requirements
For you to gain admission info Ebonyi state university, EBSU you must satisfy the general entry requirements of the Ebonyi state university, as well as special requirements of the discipline into which admission is sought.
You must be above 16 years old before the admission month.
UTME Candidates entry requirements
- Candidate must write University Matriculation Examination (UME); Attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study.
- Candidates must also attaining an acceptable standard in the University Examination, obtain one of the following qualification: WAEC, SSCE or GCE. with at least credit pass in five (5) subjects relevant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements
- You must have a minimum of 5 subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the advanced level of the GCE and others at credit level of the O’level.
- A minimum of credit passes in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE.
- HND/ND passed at credit level in relevant area from institutions recognized by the University senate with O’level credit it equivalent.
Note: Ebonyi state university, EBSU does not accept second choice, I advice all aspirant who meet up with EBSU admission requirements to choose EBSU as first choice of institution so they can be considered for admission easily.Share This Article To Your Friends.