JAMB has started offering admission on JAMB CAPS portal and many candidates are having issues accessing their JAMB portal due to incorrect login details: Email address or password.
In this article am going to guide you on how to recover your lost JAMB login email address and password, to be able to login to JAMB portal and accept or reject your 2021 JAMB caps admission.
What is JAMB CAPS
JAMB caps is an acronym for Central Admission Process. It was developed and introduced in 2017 and was adopted immediately for the conduct of the admission exercise for 2017/2018 after the approval of the stakeholders.
In fact this has reveal the great need to review the formula to make our institutions in Nigeria more national due to the abused of the catchment area. JAMB CAPS was created for UTME and Direct Entry candidates to check their admission status.
The CAPS portal helps candidates to accept or reject their admission offer after they might have checked their admission status.
Important of JAMB CAPS for candidates:
- Wrong subject combinations were checked.
- Every activity of a user is logged with a date and time stamped.
- Exemption admission was properly and jointly controlled.
- Candidates can now protest their admission status should they feel they are not fairly treated.
- Every institution was given access to source for candidates through the market place. But candidate’s contacts were not given to schools to avoid abuse.
- Candidates can now accept or reject his/her admission.
- Institutions concerned now also have a means of revisiting the process.
New features on JAMB CAPS
A real-time Admission Category Monitor that pops up and reminds Admission officer of:
- Percentage of catchment Admission and list of qualified candidates from Catchment Area not yet admitted.
- Percentage of International candidates admitted.
- Percentage of ELDS Admission and list of qualified candidates from ELDS not yet admitted.
- National Spread of candidates across the States of the Federation % FCT to achieve a minimum of 0.05% of quota.
JAMB CAPS mobile application
This application is available on playstore for all candidates to download to their mobile phone, JAMB CAPS mobile application allows candidates to track their admission easily.
- Accept/Reject admission.
- Accept/Reject Market Place offer.
- Check Admission Status.
- Check Matriculation Status
How to detect fake result slips and admission letters using JAMB CAPS
For those who have not printed each of the two documents will have the following message displayed on their screen when viewed:
Result slip not yet printed. Any Result Slip presented is therefore fake.
Admission Letter not yet printed. Any Admission Letter presented is therefore fake.
For those who have printed each of the 2 documents will have the following message displayed on their screen when viewed:
Original Result Slip Printed.
Original Admissions Letter Printed.
- Institution forwards recommended list to JAMB desk officer.
- Desk officer processes recommended list and generates list of provisional admissions.
- JAMB contacts candidates to accept or decline admission.
- If candidate accepts, admission is concluded for candidate.
- If candidate declines, he/she is been returned to market place for possible consideration by other institutions.
If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. And don’t panic if you didn’t see ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ but continue to check CAPS website as the site is being uploaded daily as institutions forward recommended list to JAMB.
Frequently asked questions on JAMB CAPS Portal
- If you see “Subquery return more than 1 value…” when you tried to login. It may be that you use the same account for direct entry and UTME. Don’t Panic, it will be resolved.
- If you login and notice invalid credentials, check whether you input the correct Jamb registration number and password. Also try to change your password. But note, use a computer, immediately you click on reset password, Jamb will send a link to your e-mail address, go to your e-mail address and click on the reset password link for you to reset the password. The reset password link only have like 2-5minutes before it becomes inactive. Once you have done that you will be able to access your admission status with the new password you have reset.
- If you see “approved” on your JAMB CAPS dashboard, it means you have been offered admission.
- If you see “”Admission in progress” on your dashboard, it means you should check back later.
- If you mistakenly click on ‘accept admission’ and you haven’t been offered admission by your institution, there is no need to panic.
Steps to Check transfer approval on JAMB CAPS
- Firstly, login to jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Input your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- Click on “Check admission status”.
- Select your examination year, input your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- On the left hand side below the make place click on transfer approval.
- Finally, click on ‘Accept‘ or ‘Reject‘ button to accept/reject the course transfer (if you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you into new course. If you reject, the program transfer wouldn’t be effected).
- After you have accepted the course transfer, you will have to proceed to apply for a change of course so that the new course will reflect on your admission letter.
Note: If your institution haven’t transferred you to another course, you will see “No program thansfer consideration”.
But if your school wants to transfer you to another course, you will see the name of your school, the course, the date it was created and other details. At the point, you can now either accept or reject the transfer.
How to login to JAMB caps to accept or reject admission
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- Enter your correct Email Address and Password in the required columns and click login.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
This option is to strictly Check your Admission status. If you’re admitted into Ebonyi state university to Study Sociology/Anthropology, this Option will simply say:
Congratulations _your name_ !!!
You have been offered admission for a 4-Year FIRST DEGREE Programme into Ebonyi state university, EBSU.
Course Sociology/Anthropology in the Faculaty of Social Science and Humanities.
Can’t Login To JAMB Caps: How To change JAMB Login Password
If you are using mobile phone I will advise you to switch your browser to PC version.
- Visit: jamb.org.ng/efacility/login
- Scroll down and click on “CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ”.
- When next page opens, enter your Email Address and Date of Birth and click on “GET PASSWORD RESET LINK”.
- If you entered your details correctly, You will then see a “message”.
- Login to your email address which may either be a gmail or a yahoo mail.
- You will see a new message in your inbox, click on “Reset my Password “.
- A page with a “CREATE NEW PASSWORD ” will appear.
- Enter your new Password and click “Change Password “
Now, you can be able to visit your JAMB profile to access your JAMB CAPS portal.