What you are going to learn from this article: steps for JAMB profile creation, how to get your JAMB profile code, Epin for JAMB 2021 registration, and how to login to JAMB portal.
The first thing before you register for JAMB 2021 examination is to create JAMB profile account on JAMB portal, it is compulsory that all candidates create JAMB profile because it is were all your data will be stored during JAMB 2021 registration.
The JAMB profile contains your personal data such as: Names, email address, date of birth, local government area of origin, your o’level result, gender (Male/female), institution/course of choice, your passport photograph etc.
What is JAMB profile?
JAMB profile is a JAMB account candidates need to create before registring for UTME or Direct Entry exam. check JAMB result, print original result slip, accept or reject admission on JAMB caps, and error correction on JAMB portal.
Two methods of creating JAMB profile
The two basic ways to create JAMB profile account will be explain here and the steps to create it will also be explain too.
- Through JAMB website.
- SMS method.
How To Create Jamb Profile On Jamb website
For your JAMB profile creation its better to use computer or turn your phone to PC version before using.
To successfully overcome the first step, you need to have a valid email. You certainly should have an account with either YahooMail or Gmail. They are the acceptable Mailing service for this registration. If you don’t have a Gmail account you can create one before proceeding.
Now that you know what Jamb profile is all about, the following steps will help you create Jamb profile successful.
- Visit the Jamb Official portal.
- Close to the Post registration facility, you will see a button to login.
- Click on login.
- A new page will open.
- Click on the create new account button to begin your Jamb profile creation.
- You will be required to verify your email.
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop down menu. E.g, what is the name of your best teacher.
- In the last two spaces (Secret question answer), enter the same answer. If your best teacher is/was Usulorinform, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email.
- Login to your email and confirm it. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive.
- Click on the link that Jamb will send to you to continue the registration.
- After that, you will be required to fill in the following details: Name, surname, email, password and date If birth….
Please make sure you crosscheck all the information you provided, before proceeding to sign up.
If you decided to change any of the details you filled in, it may Cost you money, Time and stress to do so. So carefully and wisely cross check the information you provided.
- Once you are sure of all the information you provided, you can proceed and click on “Sign Up”.
Yes!!! Your account creation is successful. Your JAMB profile account will be created immediately. You should see a message on the portal that reads
“Your Account Creation Was Successful.”
You can click on “Proceed to Login” to access your new profile and get a feel of how this new upgrade from the JAMB body works.
SMS method ofJAMB Profile creation Using NIN
- Type NIN and your 11 digit NIN number and send it to 55019 by SMS. E.g NIN 01234567890.
- A confirmation code of 10 characters will be received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN.
After sending NIN And Number to 55019, you will get the following message…
Your request has been recieved and is being processed, you will get response shortly.The service will cost you #50
You may also be told that your NIN has already been registered with a GSM Number. In this case, confirm that the number is your own and use it to send NIN to 55019.
Unable to Verify My NIN:
If you are getting an invalid Name format or Unable to Verify NIN, ask yourself the following questions;
- Is the Name of my SIM and NIN the Same?
- Have I linked my Phone number with NIN?
- Did I put more than one Space between NIN and my NIN Number?
- Is my SIM able to send and receive messages?
- Did I send the correct NIN or made mistakes?
How To Avoid SMS Issues Creating Profile
- Don’t add a comma between NIN & NIN Number.
- Don’t add space after your NIN Number
- 50 Naira will be deducted from your Sim. Make sure you have above N50 Naira airtime on your Mobile phone before sending the SMS.
- One Phone number can be used by one candidate only. Don’t share the same number with your brother or sister. They should get their own sim and send their own message.
- Make sure your phone number is linked with NIN before you send NIN to 55019.
- Don’t use your dad, mom or brother’s phone number.
Locate the JAMB Profile Code in Your Account
This is easier and cost-free.
- Visit the JAMB e-facility portal
- Log in to your candidate’s profile with your JAMB profile email and its password
- This will take you to your Dashboard. Here you will see at the top;
Hello! Welcome Back,
Usulor… Registration Profile Code: 49351**531
Recommended: Can I Write 2021 WAEC And JAMB Together?
Price And How To Get JAMB E-PIN
The breakdown of the price of JAMB registration e-PIN:
- JAMB/DE registration form fee – N3,500
- Reading text (English Novel) – N500
- CBT service charge – N700
- JAMB mock – free.rU
Usually, the JAMB e-PIN payment can be made at:
- JAMB state offices nationwide
- JAMB accredited centres
- Approved banks ((ACCESS, ECO, FCMB, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK, FCMB, HERITAGE, JAIZ, KEYSTONE, Polaris, STERLING, TAJ, UNION, UBA and UNITY))
- NIPOST offices
- Online Payment Platforms: Capricorn Digital limited, cloud interactive Associates, e-transact, Funds and electronic Transfer, Interswitch(Quickteller)Upperlink, Itex Integrated Services, System Specs (Remita) and Unified Payment Services (UPS), Remita platform, Jumia pay.
How To Buy JAMB e-PIN 2021 On Remita
JAMB UTME EPIN
- First, you need to create your JAMB profile code by following the instruction earlier in this article.
- Visit; login.remita.net/remita/onepage/1826108934/service.spa
- Select ‘Sales of JAMB/UTME Registration Forms’ in the ‘Name of Service/Purpose” column
- Enter your registered phone number (the one on which you received the JAMB profile code)
- Enter other details and select how you want to pay
- Click ‘Submit’.
After payment, your PIN will be delivered to your phone number and also displayed on your Remita receipt.
JAMB Direct Entry ePIN
- Candidate visits: login.remita.net/remita/onepage/2002814943/service.spa
- Select ‘Sales of JAMB/DE Registration Forms’ in the ‘Name of Service/Purpose” column
- Enter candidate’s confirmation code received after registration via SMS
- If Phone number is already registered on JAMB, Payer name, is retrieved from JAMB otherwise, candidate has to get registered on JAMB portal as described in step 1 above.
- Enter other details and select how you want to pay.
- Once the transaction has been processed, click the “Print Receipt” button to provide the payer with his transaction receipt. The JAMB DE PIN is displayed on the payment receipt.
Questions from some JAMB candidates
John: please how can I login to my jamb profile for confirmation after the process of 55019 and the registration in general?
Answer: you can login to your JAMB profile following the procedures here.
Tolu: Sir, pls this 2021 jamb, I sent for profile code with the Sim card I used last year for registration and I am seeing the same profile code, and how can I change it to a new line because I tried with another number and it said your nin has already been registered with another number, pls am confuse. I no longer have access to my email or profile!
Answer: You can’t change it since it has been attached to it. Also, you don’t need to worry about changing it. You will have access to the JAMB e-facility portal once you have completed your registration.
Emeka: I have tried to get the profile code but was not able. The reply I got is that, UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST TRY AGAIN LATER (NIN VERIFICATION). So I don’t know what to do next and they have deducted N150.
Answer: kindly try again later, it may be that JAMB is having technical issues with it.
Read also: How To Register JAMB 2021 Simple Procedures