Many JAMB 2021 candidates have been searching for WAEC/JAMB subject combination for economics in university.
It’s not a news that economics is one of the most sought after courses in Nigeria institutions and most of aspirants sometimes lack know about the JAMB subject combination for economics.
However, I am going to show you the correct JAMB and WAEC subject combination for economics in 2021.
Not only that am also going to show you the JAMB cut off mark, the direct entry requirements and the main objective of studying the course in the university.
JAMB subject combination for economics ( 2021 UTME Requirements)
For admission into the four years degree programme in economics candidates should possess a senior secondary school certificate of education, NECO or their equivalents.
With at least five credits passes, at not more than two sittings including:
- English language,
Finally, candidates must have acceptable passes in UME.
Direct entry requirement for economics
Direct entry candidates shall possess five credits in GCE, SSCE, NECO, or their equivalents, of which at least two shall be at advanced level.
Provided that such passes are not counted at both levels of the examination. For emphasis, credit passes in English language, mathematics, and Economics are required.
WAEC subject combination for economics
Below are the list of subjects you need to write in WAEC for economics:
- English language
- Literature in English
- Biology or Agric
- Any trade subject.
Major objects of studying Economics in University
The major issue of the world right from the medieval period to this present time is the allocation of man’s limited resources in such a way as to satisfy the unlimited wants of man.
This has led to rigorous study of man’s behavior in relation to his attempt to find a rational solution to this problem.
Economics is a discipline which is concerned with this study and it therefore, focuses on the problem of allocation of scarce resources and individual cum government action towards solving this problem as it subject matter using both theoretical and empirical economics principles.
- To provide training in the principle of economics.
- To generate in students an appropriation of the economics dimensions of wider social and political issues.
- Develop in students, through the study of economics, transferable skills that will be of value in employment.
- Provide students with the knowledge and skill base, from which they can proceed to further studies in Economics, related or interdisciplinary areas that involves Economics.
- Provide students with analytical skills, the ability and simplified frameworks for studying the real worlds.
- To equip students, with appreciate tools of analysis to tackle problems oeconomiccs policy.
Attainment Level in Economics
A graduate of economics in any Nigeria institutions should be able to:
- Know how to apply economic reasoning to policy issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of economic theory and modeling approaches.
- Demonstrate knowledge of economic concepts and principles.
- Display knowledge of sources of content of economic evidence and appreciate what methods might be appropriately applied to the analysis of the data.
JAMB cut off mark for economics is 200
List of Universities that offer Economics in Nigeria
Below are the complete list of Nigeria universities that you can study economics.
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Bayero University, Kano
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- University Of Lagos
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- University Of Abuja, Abuja
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- University Of Uyo
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
- Nigerian Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- University Of Maiduguri
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpome
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Sokoyo State University, Sokoto
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Baze University, Fct, Abuja
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- American University Of Nigeria , Yola
- Lead City University , Ibadan
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University , Abuja
- Bingham University, Karu
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Madonna University, Okija
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University ( – Elearning), Sokoto
- University Of Uyo ( – Elearning), Uyo
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
- Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Redeemers University
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike
- National Open University Of Nigerian – Elearning
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
- University Of Maiduguri ( – Elearning), Maiduguri
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Wesley University Of Science And Technology. Ondo
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
- University Of Mkar, Gboko
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak
- Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
- Crawford University,Faith City, Km , Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
- Caleb University, Imota
- Achievers University Owo
- Rhema University , Obeama, Rivers State
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Hallmark University,Ijebu-Itele,Ogun State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos
- Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
- Fountain University, Osogbo
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- Ritman University,Ikot-Ekpene,Akwa-Ibom State
- Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
- Novena University Ogume
- Paul University, Awka
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State.