Have you been searching for the best universities in Turkey offering medical courses, if your answer is yes! Then this article is for you. I am going to show you the list of medical universities in Turkey with low tuition fees that offers quality education under a very conducive environments.
Some of this great institutions have been training students on a different medical and biomedical courses, and those include the following; radiology, obstetrics, anesthesia, cardiology, surgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology etc.
Before we think of the list of medical universities in Turkey let us first take a look at some of the important things you need to know before moving to Turkey to study, kindly take a look at the table of contents below before we continue.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Turkey
- Academic Excellence universities in Turkey have the best academic standard in the world. The fact is that five out of the top ten universities in the world are from Turkey, not only that they value practical learning than theory this will help you to be perfect in your field of study.
- Universities in Turkey have more world class laboratories, latest technological advancements, studying in any of the Turkey institutions will give you access to world class laboratories, and many latest technological advancements also, under a very conducive learning environment.
- You will meet students from different background, studying medicine in Turkey offers you the chance to connect with people of diverse cultures, patient from different parts of the world, that visits for medical treatments such as cosmetic surgery.
- The fact is that medical universities in Turkey are cheaper compared to medical universities in other countries. The fees in some medical private universities in Turkey ranges from 10,000 dollars to 25,000 dollars.
What are the requirements for studying medicine in Turkey
The requirements to study medicine in Turkey depends on the institution. Some offer free tuition to those who have passed the international student exam (YOS) and TOEFL IBT or IELT examination. Turkey higher institutions also need high GPA and GRE to gain admission.
However, for private medical schools they do not usually need registration before they can undergo an international student examination.
They need to have a high GPA (80% or above), GRE and TOEFL IBT/IELTS score because they have more slots for international students, admission rates are higher in private universities.
How much does it cost to study medicine in Turkey?
To study medicine in Turkey cost minimum of $10,000 to $25,000 per year.
Not only that you will also need to pay for cost of living such as; food, rent and transportation cost.
This usually make the cost higher for international students, except those that entered into Turkey medical universities through scholarship.
How many years does it take to study medicine in Turkey?
The duration is 6 years.
It takes six years to study medicine in Turkey, medical students are selected from among high (secondary) school graduates through a nation-wide exam. One does not need to have a BA degree in order to apply for medical education in Turkey.
The fact is that you can’t compare Turkey medical institution to that of other countries like USA where it takes just four years to study medicine.
The first/second year in any of the Turkey medical universities the students are to learn basic science education while the third year of schooling will consist of pathologies and diseases.
The forth/fifth years the students are to focus on clinical internships while the sixth years which is the final year the students will focus majorly on the duties of a regular doctors, these physicians receives compensation for their hospital duties.
After studying in medicine in Turkey University you will be awarded Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), this certificate will certified that you are a medical practitioner.
List of medical courses Offered In Turkey
Below are some of the list of medical courses for students that want to study medicine in Turkey.
- Health Management
- Health Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Public Health
- Human Medicine
- Midwifery Nutrition & Diabetics
- Nursing, etc.
List of medical universities in Turkey
- Hacettepe University
Hacettepe University: Based on academics performance this university rank first among Turkish institutions. Hacettepe university have two main campuses and it is located in Ankara, Turkey and it is one of the major state university.
This great medical institution is a research oriented university, established with the aim of promoting excellence in education in line with universal values.
Their aim is to develop and educate students as individuals equipped with quality and depth of provisions in all field of science.
- Akdenize University
Akdenize University is one of the top universities that provides scientific and higher medical courses in Turkey.
This university provides a very good standard of social and cultural living to its students with psychological guidance to cope with mental, social and emotional phases.
- Istanbul University
This is one of the prominent medical universities in Turkey. It has high English speaking population of students. The cost of education in Istanbul University is lower compared to other institutions in Turkey.
The faculty of in this university is categorized into: Cerrahpassa Faculty of medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Sciences and Istanbul Faculty of Medicine etc.
- Gazi university
Gazi university is a public University located in the city of Ankara, Turkey. It is one of the oldest universities in Turkey. This university has 21 faculties including Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Health Sciences.
Gazi University teach students with highly digitalized systems.They have conducive classrooms and practical rooms conducive for learning.
- Koç University
This institution is a private university which offers a world class educational experience. Koç University is located in Istanbul, Turkey. It was the highest ranking university in Turkey based on Times Higher Education rankings. Koç University consists of colleges of nursing and medicine etc.
- Ankara University
Ankara University is located in the capital city of Turkey. It was the first established in Turkey after the formation of the republic.
Ankara University has 40 vocational programs, 120 undergraduate programs and 110 graduate programs.
It consists of Faculty of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of sciences, The School of Dentistry, The School of Pharmacy, etc. Ankara University Faculty of Medicine is ranked third (3rd) among the medical facilities in Turkey.
- Okan University
Okan University is one of the best medical universities in Turkey that provide a degree course in dentistry. This course is a five (5) years course with tuition fees that amount to about 16,755 Euro per year.
What other students are reading:
- How Long Does It Take To Get A Canadian Student Visa In Nigeria?
- 6 Universities In Canada Without Application Fee For International Students
- List of Cheapest Universities In Georgia For International Students 2021
- List Of Best Medical Universities In Turkey For International Students
- 10 Things You Should Never Do Before Exams (Proven Tips)
- How To Memorise Or Cram Everything A Night Before Exam