Looking for what is JUPEB or the best JAMB alternative this article contain facts about how jupeb work for admission the meaning plus all you need to know before you register for the programme.
In this article I am going to answer so many questions such as; How does JUPEB work?, How many years does JEPEB result last?, what are the requirements for JUPEB registration etc.
Please, read slowly so that you will be able to understand all my points because this article is an eye opening guide to JUPEB aspirants, let go but before that kindly go through the table of content below before we move on.
What is JUPEB and how does JUPEB work?
JUPEB is an acronym for Joint university preliminary examination board. an A level program that allows candidates to gain direct entry admission into 200 level in any university in Nigeria.
It is a national examination body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten partnering led by university of lagos.
How many years does JUPEB Last?
JUPEB certificate can last for more than ten (10) years, in fact the result does not expire but it may be rejected by some institutions if it is too old.
Is their any different between IJMB and JUPEB?
Yes! JUPEB fees is always higher than IJMB for instance the registration form for IJMB is less than N8,000 while JUPEB form is up to N25,000.
JUPEB is under the control of University of Lagos while IJMB is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University.
But you can apply for the program in any university or state of your choice.
Do you need JAMB for JUPEB
No! You do not need to register or write JAMB examination before you can apply for JUPEB rather JUPEB is a Direct Entry program that you can use to gain admission into any institution of your choice without JAMB into 200 level.
But, JAMB is still the one regulating all admission in Nigeria because before you can enter into the university with JUPEB certificate you must purchase Direct Entry form from Joint admission and matriculation board (JAMB).
- Admission Requirements For Mass Communication In UNILAG
- List Of Science Courses Without Physics In WAEC/JAMB
- List Of Courses You Can Study With D7,E8 or F9 In Literature-In-English
JUPEB registration requirements
For you to register for JUPEB you must have;
- at least minimum of five (5) credit passes of not more than two sittings including English language and Mathematics, The subjects must match with your desired course in the university.
- Your o’level result could be WAEC, NECO or GCE.
- You can make use of awaiting result.
- 9 passport photograph.
- Money for JUPEB form and Registration.
Is JUPEB harder than JAMB?
No! JUPEB is not difficult to pass, it is one of the easiest examination you may ever write but it all depend on your level of preparation, for you to pass the exam you must study hard.
Is JUPEB registration form out?
Yes! The form is current out and candidates have started purchasing the form.
How to register
Note; You can register in any affiliated study center, the guide here is how to register for JUPEB in UNILOIN or UNILAG or any affiliated center.
- Fill in your details on the form given to you generate a payment invoice and get an invoice number.
- now go and pay a non-refundable registration fee of fifteen thousand two hundred and fifty Naira (N15,250) Depend on the center.
- Validate payment by clicking on Payment Validation Once payment is confirmed.
- Click on the registration form to begin registration.
- Print out the application slip and present it to the chosen study center for clearance.
Or contact us now for guide on how or center to register for JUPEB program.
Please, if you are registering offline make sure you get to the center before any payment.
How much does JUPEB cost?
Tuition fees is about N200,000. you can pay in installment of about three times, plus acceptance fees, plus hostel fee.
What is cut off mark for JUPEB?
The cut off mark for JUPEB is 10 points. For you to gain admission into 200 level to study courses like medicine, law etc you need to score minimum of at least 13 points.
This program will make you to acquire a JUPEB certificate which will enables you to gain Direct Entry admission into any Nigerian University, The duration of this program is minimum of one year which contains two semesters.
Reasons why you should register for JUPEB program
Their are lot of reasons why most student register for JUPEB program but in this article I will only point out eleven reasons.
- No more repeating JAMB each year.
- Students are Admitted directly into 200 level in any desired University instead of 100L.
- No need for Entrance Examination e.g Post UTME examination.
- You will have multiple chances of gaining Admission compare to JAMB.
- JUPEB result can be used anytime, anywhere and does not expires, unlike JAMB that expires after one year.
- You will have intensive 8-9months of lectures throughout the period with qualified JUPEB Tutors
- It is a respected Certificate and can also be included in Your C.V. if you want.
- The fees is now moderated and AFFORDABLE and one can pay instalment like 2 to 3 times before the end of the program.
- Most of the 200L and some parts of 300L courses will be taught during the 8 months period thereby equipping one to have an edge over your colleagues.
- Statistics has shown that; students that came through JUPEB programs are regarded as scholars and brilliant students in their respective departments in the University because of their level of performance was enhanced by their exposure to A’level courses.
- It has been discovered that most JUPEB students tend to graduate with first class or second class upper making them one of the best graduating students for that year.
I hope you are now clear about what is JUPEB program and how it works and the reasons why you should register for the program, feel free to ask Question using the comment box below.
Related question to how does JUPEB work;
How many years does JUPEB last?, How much is JUPEB school fees, What is JUPEB program all about.Share This Article To Your Friends.